It took me a few times of reading this quote to fully digest it. I have been conditioned to thinking -focus on results, and the changes naturally occur- and although this may still hold truth; if instead you keep to the front of your mind “focus on change and you will get results”. You may find that the results will come a lot sooner.
No matter what goal it is you are reaching to accomplish, changes will inevitably occur in order for you to reach your dreams.
When you focus on small, daily changes, you will be able to organize, evaluate, and acknowledge your progress daily and with much less effort. You will also come to find yourself appreciating your growth along with way with more gratitude for yourself and for others.
Why small changes?
Fad diets don’t work. Deprivation always backfires.
Lifestyle and behavior changes? You get Long term results. Sound good?
Alright, now let’s incorporate small changes into our life and watch our dreams unfold.
1. Choose a goal
2. Choose steps (small changes) to meet said goal.Think about what you could do everyday that would make the change happen, or at least get you closer to your goal.
- One change at a time, ideally. Once you’re comfortably successful with this change then you can start incorporating more small changes.
- Start small- 10 minutes or less. 5 minutes is better if it is a very challenging change.
4. Be accountable- Each. And. Every. Day. Schedule it on your calendar, daily. Make a spreadsheet, leave post-it notes, whatever works best for you to be reminded or to track your progress.
5. Have consequences- positive and negative. If I don’t do this, I am going to have to do this as a consequence. If I do this, I am going to reward myself with such want.
Last but most important, ENJOY the change. If you don’t do this, you might as well find another change to make. If you’re change feels like a chore then you’re doing it wrong. Find a way to enjoy it or you won’t stick to it. Then you can find some other change you enjoy more!
Love and light--
“The only constant is change, plant specific changes and grow to reach your specific goals!” -AnnaStacia